Soy milk has protein, iron, B vitamins and calcium and is low in saturate fats and cholesterol. Many people, mostly vegans and lactose intolerant people have switched from dairy to soy milk thinking it is a better option.
The ingredients in soy milk are:
- Soy milk (Filtered water, whole soybeans)
- Cane Sugar
- Sea Salt
- Natural Flavor
- Calcium Carbonate
- Vitamin A palmitate
- Vitamin D2
- Vitamin B12
Carageenan has no nutritional value and the body not able to digest. A negative immune response is triggered causing inflammation. It is linked to colon cancer, spastic colon, gastrointestinal inflammation that can cause IBS, chronic diarrhea and inflammatory bowel disease.
Top Ten Reasons to Avoid Soy Milk
- Natural toxins that affect estrogen levels can be found in soy beans. The hormones in a woman’s body can be affected by drinking merely 2 glasses of soy milk and a menstrual cycle disruption may occur.
- A clot-promoting substance that causes red blood cells to clump together called haemagglutinin can be found in soybeans.
- It contains the highest pesticide contamination levels-99% of it is modified.
- Phytic acid is found in soybeans, which inhibits the assimilation of calcium, magnesium, copper, iron and zinc.
- The nervous system and the kidneys are negatively affected by the aluminium found in it and it has been linked to Alzheimer’s disease.
- They are dangerous for human digestion due to high temperature expose during processing to make soy protein isolated and textured vegetable protein.
- They have been linked to breast cancer due to toxic isoflavones – genistein and daidzein.
- They have been linked to disruptive endocrine function, infertility and breast cancer in women due to phytoestrogens.
- There is a thyroid hormone production blockage due to high levels of goitrogens.
- During the spray-drying process, nitrates- potent carcinogens are formed.
Consuming soy milk may have harmful effects on your body.